Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Praise for Jim and Cindy Walsh


When I was 10, my mom wouldn't let me watch Beverly Hills 90210. She said it was for grown ups. I used to hide and watch it but didn't really understand anything. When I was around 18, I started watching re-runs and loved it. It was so ridiculous I couldn't stop watching. My only regret is that I have never watched the last episode.


The first theme song that was later changed.

In the beginning I didn't really like Brandon and Brenda's parents, Jim and Cindy. I still think they are annoying and stupid. But watching some episodes I now realize why I can't really hate them. They are a lot like my own parents.

Jim and Cindy Walsh being annoying in the 90s.

My parents are dorky too. My father listens to Neil Diamond and dances horribly. My mom is boring in a different way, she pretends she knows the bands I like but messes the names when she tries to talk to me about them. My parents are dorky and boring. And I am very, very happy they are like that.

I can't stand the whole concept of "cool parents" or girls that claim "my mom is my best friend." Parents are not supposed to be your friends or be cool, much less go out with you and your friends. Maybe I would change some things my parents did when I was younger, but I would never want to have Kelly's junkie mom or David's cheater dentist father.

No comments:

Post a Comment