Friday, May 6, 2011

You are the habit I can't seem to kick.

I’ve always loved music, but after my iPod died almost two years ago I kind of forgot about it. I got used to work and do everything while watching TV, but since moving to Savannah and not having a TV for months, I´ve gone back to music. Recently I was thinking what would I say if someone asked me who is my favorite artist or band. Right now it’s Arcade Fire. But before The Killers were my favorite for years. Before that, I was obsessed with Coldplay. And even before, I would’ve said Oasis in a second.

Chris Martin from Coldpaly; Oasis' Liam and Noel Gallagher;
The Killers frontman Brandon Flowers.

While Chris, Liam, Noel and Brandon will always have a place in my heart, it’s Jarvis who has kept my attention for a longer time. Jarvis Cocker is the leader of Pulp. Pulp, I realize now, is my favorite band of all times. I see now how similar to Arcade Fire they are. They were really the first hipsters, with no rockstar attitude and just good music. They got back together this year after more than 5 years of being separated. And I’m praying they come to the US so I can see them.


My favorite Pulp song, "Like a Friend," from the Great Expectations soundtrack.

Jarvis was even part of the Harry Potter movies acting as the leader of “The Weird Sisters” and performing their song “Do the Hippogriff” in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. What is cooler than performing at Hogwarts?

No comments:

Post a Comment