Monday, May 16, 2011

The circus is in town!


Last week U2 gave three concerts in Mexico City. Personally, I hate U2, I think Bono is one of the most annoying persons in the world and I will never pay any money to see him, or someone who calls himself "The Edge," in concert.

Bono sharing champagne with his fans outside the
restaurant where he celebrated his birthday last week in
Mexico City (courtesy of News and Society).

But I guess I'm not a normal person because people filled the Azteca Stadium in every show. Some payed up to $400 dollars to be close to the band in their 360° stage. That is almost one month of my rent. And while I understand why a fan (like people who name their dog Bono) would pay that kind of money to see them, I am very disturbed by the people that went just because "it's U2 and everyone is going." Even the president talked to him. Seriously people, he's not Obama (who I think is a real rockstar)!

A picture of the stage taken by my cousin.

For me, this kind of behavior shows how people haven't evolved from those medieval towns where people would go to the carnival or circus because there was nothing else to do. Two weeks ago it was Lady Gaga. People who don't even know every song or even understand a band's philosophy are spending all their money in concerts.

I am someone that likes going to concerts and loves music, but I just don't understand it the whole circus thing. At least Bono is making more and more money so he can save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment