Thursday, April 28, 2011

Beware of Girl Scouts!

Low's birthplace courtesy of Old Trolley Tours.

Savannah is well known for being the place of birth of the founder of the Girl Scouts, Juliette Gordon Low. This fact attracts a lot of girl scout tourists that come to visit the place of birth of their founder. I often see them running around Forsyth Park in packs, selling their delicious (and fattening) cookies, and following their leaders in and out of the stores in Broughton St.

Broughton St. in Savannah, courtesy of visitsouth.com

My roommate, Lee, works in one of those stores. And her work consists mainly in watching people so they don't steal anything. “We sell very small things like rings and we have so much stuff that we could never put sensors on everything ,” she once told me. She also told me that Girl Scouts often come in packs of more than five and take things without paying.

Lisa Frank unicorns. I don´t know why I loved them!

I never belonged to any kind of group or organization. I don´t really see the point on that, neither my mom. But once I took part in a robery. When I was six, my mom wouldn´t buy me Lisa Frank unicorn stickers so I figured I would just put them under my shirt and no one would notice. I was wrong, I was caught and grounded for like a decade. I never took anything again without paying. I guess I do have something of a Girl Scout in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment