Thursday, April 21, 2011

Too much free time.

If you've been reading me, you know at the time I don't have my computer... This has lead to many hours "by myself." It is hard to get used to not being online and available for everyone all the time, but after a couple of days I got used to it. I've become so efficient when working at the library, that when I go home I don't know what to do with myself.

First, I went back to reading. I finished a book and continued another one I was reading before. Very recommendable if you like nonfiction: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. It is always good to read, and it is way easier if your computer is not calling you all the time.


Photo courtesy of Obit Magazine.

But the more interesting thing I've discovered about myself is how much I enjoy hair removal. Yes. With all my new found free time I realized it is an activity that relaxes me. Let me explain. When I came to Savannah I was used to the waxing method of hair removal. But not to do it by myself. When I got here I discovered how expensive it is, so I moved to shaving. I hated it! I almost always cut myself and missed many spots. Like half of my leg. Then, a friend told I should buy a machine called Silk Epil. That was the best investment of my life.

Photo courtesy of Price Breaks.

In the beginning it hurt like hell, but once I got used to it, I couldn't stop. It is now almost like an addiction. One day I was so bored I did my arms. I regretted that, but still I enjoy it very much. The problem of doing it while watching a movie or TV is the noise. But now that I don't have a computer I enjoy very much my new hobby: reading while removing hair from my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment