Monday, April 18, 2011

My computer is in a coma!

Yesterday I woke up to the worst nightmare one can have... My computer wouldn't start. Luckily, for me, my friend Maya's computer wouldn't either. I say luckily because she has a car, so at least I didn't have to take the bus to go to Best Buy. When I got in line for the Geek Squad to help me, I saw to my disgrace that there were six persons in front of me, one even carrying a beige CPU circa 1995.



Photo courtesy of an Indian website that still sells this.

While in line, I remembered how much I hated Best Buy.

It goes back to when I used to travel to the US with my parents and they would drag me to the store so my father could buy whatever computer was cool at the time. My last memory of it is from 2004, when I wanted an iPod (the first nano available) and he didn't buy it for me.



Photo courtesy of http://ohjoy.blogs.com/my_weblog/ who posted this picture in 2005.

But the real reason for which I hate my visits to Best Buy? They only ever happen when something’s wrong with my computer. This means that every time, I am standing in line wanting to buy something new -a new camera, an iPod, and this last time, an iPad. However, every time I spend all my money repairing my old computer and leave not with something new, but with something old, albeit temporarily fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment