Saturday, March 3, 2012

150/15 by Darcel @ Colette


150/15 is an exhibition of 150 portraits by Australian-in-New-York artist Darcel Disappoints to celebrate the 15 years of fashion, art and design store Colette. Colette is a store in Paris, one of those super cool places that I would love to shop at but certainly can't afford. Still, I like to go on their website and online-window-shop.

Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld. I wish I was cool enough to know him
and call him Uncle Karl.

Anna Wintour. Oh, you know... Just editor-in-chief of Vogue. No big deal.

Darcel has worked with Colette for several years, but his main source of expression is his blog www.darceldisappoints.com. In it he tells through images the misfortunes of his character as someone trying to "make it" in New York.

One of my biggest inspirations in life, the amazing André Leon Talley. Vogue editor and Savannah regular, one of the
funniest persons ever and with more fashion knowledge than anyone else.


Probably my favorite artist of all times: Andy Warhol.

To celebrate Colette's 15th birthday, Darcel made 150 portraits of personalities from the fashion, music, design, photography and art worlds. The portraits will be exhibited in the store during March. And all the images here are from the exhibition... They can be bought for €150 and there's only 15 of each. I chose my favorite 15 out of the 150 to show here, but you can see them all here: 150/15.

Just one of my favorite designers. I also love her because she's BFFs with my girl
crush Gwyneth Paltrow.


One of the coolest persons I've ever seen, Waris Ahluwalia, of House of Waris and Wes Anderson movies fame. He was
at SCAD Style last year and he's just so cool.


Grace Coddington, creative drector of Vogue and redhead extraordinaire.


CC. If I need to explain her, you shouldn't be reading this blog.

Suzy Menkes, fashion editor of the International Herald Tribune. A real fashion journalist
and true inspiration for me.


Bill Cunningham, the original street style photographer. And one of the cutest
men of all times.


Another real fashion critic, Cathy Horyn from the New York Times. Such a critic, she has
been banned from shows.

YSL, mon amour.

I just love the Olsen twins' line Elizabeth and James... And that they really, really don't care what
people think about them.


Alber Elbaz, who recently celebrated 10 years designing for Lanvin. He's just like a Teddy Bear.

*All images come from the 150/15 website. They all belong to www.colette.fr.

1 comment: