Monday, March 5, 2012

June 1972

I've been missing my parents a lot lately. I want to go home ASAP because I hate missing people. And I want to eat Mexican food.

But since I can't go now (but probably I will in April) I want to share this picutre of them. It looks like it was taken with Instagram, but it is really old, not just pretended old. It was taken in June 1972, even before they were married. And waaaay before I was even born. I love this picture, I think it's my favorite of them.


The picture reminded me of the blog and Lucky magazine feature My Mom, the Style Icon. I never though of how much my mom and I dress alike until I started liking vintage clothes and looking at told pictures of her. I actually have a red skirt that looks like this one that I got at my favorite vintage store, Arc. I do wear it with striped t-shirts, but I really don't understand those shoes.

And this is what we look like now (at my cousin's wedding in July). My dad is wearing a "guayabera", since that's what men wear to a day wedding in Mexico. I really like how he looks in this outfit. I can even forgive the shoes and the long pants. My mom chose her dress by herself, but of coursed I styled. She's wearing a Zara belt as necklace and I changed the shoes she had chosen. I wish I will look as good as her when I'm her age. I'm wearing a Shoshanna dress and (sigh) Jessica Simpson shoes.


And this is a picture of me trying to scan the other picture. It makes no sense but I thought it was really funny.

1 comment:

  1. What I'm wearing is a skort bought in Paris, back in 1968, when I was there, studying French language and culture. That kind of t-shirt, with very tight knitting, was known as a "poor-boy" (dont't ask me why). The incomprehensible shoes are plain, white, two-strips sandals..

    ReplyDelete