Tuesday, April 10, 2012

When I grow up I want to be... Pamela Ocampo.

Remember I wrote a post about wanting to be Garance Doré earlier? There I wrote that she won a CFDA Award with her Sartorialist boyfriend. In the post about the award she mentions former winners and she cites them as inspiration for her own career. That inspired me to write about my own inspirations. She of course is one, but there are some other people I want to be (like). 

This, and the other pictures of Pamela Ocampo, were taken from a great interview with 
her by CoolHunterMx.

One of them is Pamela Ocampo. The name may not be very well know to you, but she is a fashion editor at Elle Mexico. You know, from previous posts, that I would love to work there after I graduate from my masters (less than two months now!). And she is one of the reasons I want to work at that particular magazine.

I like her articles on the magazine, her posts for the Elle Mexico in Quien magazine's blog and, of course, her tweets. And that she is very nice. Very, very nice.

 This is the February 2012 cover, styled by her. Image taken from 
 
 One of her Twitter avatars. Doesn't she look super nice?

She studied the same thing I did at the same college (Comunicación at the Tec de Monterrey), and was obsessed with magazines when she was little. She also loves doing yoga and blogging. Just like me! Yay! I'm really a fan of hers.  

 She loves green tea and yoga.

And... We are finally meeting next weekend after being "twitter friends" for a while... I can't wait! I have so many questions to ask her regarding my thesis and the magazine world. I'm really excited! I'll let you know how that goes! 

*Most of her tweets are in Spanish, and so is her blog on Quien magazine, but I had to link to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment