Tuesday, April 3, 2012

When I grow up I want to be... Garance Doré.

One of my favorite bloggers of the moment is Garance Doré (@garancedore). She started her blog, where she uploaded her beautiful illustrations, in 2006. Then she started adding text, in a very cute, kind of funny way. (I guess that’s the way to make a good blog, writing about what you like in your own style… Not just having ads and posting outfits). Then she started taking pictures and fell in love with The Sartorialist. She is exactly the kind of blogger/writer I want to be.

  Garance Doré at some Fashion Week.
In her “about” section of her website she writes: 

“That’s how it became quite clear to me that fashion was my dearest subject. I like how often it changes its mind and in it, you can see the passing of time. I like that it’s as beautiful on movie stars as it is on the street because everything is only how you look at it.”

 I really like her beautiful illustrations. This one's illustrating Prada.

Her love for fashion is one of the reasons I love her. But not the only one, here are my five top reasons she's my favorite at the moment:
  • She seems like the nicest person in the (fashion) world.
  • She has the cutest French accent when speaking English. We both have an accent! Something in common...
  • She’s dating, like I said before, the Sartorialist’s Scott Schumann. And together they won the CFDA Eugenia Sheppard Media Award
  • She’s very casual in her writing tone, I like to think we write in a similar way. (Something else in common).
  • She writes super cute “hand-written” notes over her pictures.   

 
With Scott Schumann, The Sartorialist. I love that they're wearing 
matching shoes!

Clearly I'm in love with the woman. And I was completely obsessed with her “Pardon my French” video series about Paris Fashion Week. I thinkink watching them was the moment I fell in love with her personality. She’s one of the people I want to be when I grow up.

 
 
This is episode 2 of the Pardon My French series, "Fashion & Technology". 
It's my favorite, I hope you like it too. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment