Saturday, April 14, 2012

Creatures+Music+Vintage

Since this weekend I should be enjoying Coachella but I'm not, I decided to do another musical post. As always, it needs to have a fashion element and since I love boy and girl bands with retro looks, this post is about Metronomy. Metronomy is a band I don't know how I found. Like almost every "indie-hipster-alternative" band I know. They come, as expected, from the UK and have released three albums. And, surprise, they're playing at Coachella too.

The concert poster for their Mexico City show last October. Of course, I missed it. I took it from here.

Recently I came across the video for my favorite song of theirs: The Look. And guess what I found... A three guys, one girl band wearing retro looks and some birds. Birds riding go-carts. As you know, I love creatures so I thought this video was amazing and just perfect for the song.

The Look birds.

The girl, who plays the drums, is Anna Prior. In the video she's wearing a red dress (I'm pretty sure it's vintage) with a Peter Pan collar. I even found a blog post on how to recreate the look of  The Look. You know, there's just something really cool about a girl playing in a band wearing vintage. 

 Anna Prior playing. I love her bangs and hair color.

They played in Mexico City last year but I was in Savannah, so I missed it. But Metronomy will be openning for Coldplay (yes, I love Coldplay) in their 2012 North American tour so maybe I'll get to see them both before moving back to Mexico. Meanwhile, enjoy the video!


 
The Look, Metronomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment