Monday, March 12, 2012

CropTop

For my last class as a grad student (yes, I'm freaking out about the future) I wrote a paper about fashion and it's devolution (this is a great Vanity Fair article on it). And one trend from the 90s I didn't think I would want to come back is the crop top. But now I'm actually loving it and wanting to wear it. Although I will need to excercise a little.

My favorite online store Net-A-Porter did a great article about this trend in their online magazine, and I especially liked this photos of celebrities wearing it. They totally got me into buying something like this. I only wish I could buy it from them.

My favorite, Gwyneth in Pucci. Hanneli Mustaparta. Rooney Mara in MiuMiu.

If I had all the money in the world, and a thousand places to go dressed up pretty, I would wear this MiuMiu cropped top with all the pretty skirts from Net-A-Porter.

MiuMiu cropped top, the one Rooney Mara is wearing on the image above.

Chloé, Valentino, See by Chloé


Miu Miu, Lanvin, Preen Line, Jason Wu

But, since I don't have all that money, this is how I will actually be wearing it. I got this light blue denim top at American Eagle and I'm planning on wearing it with my Jason Wu for Target high-waisted pleated skirt or my Les Follies de Joie jeans in black and/or pink.


I love this collage of the trend by Fashionista. But what I love the most? It's about showing just a little hint of skin. That way no one can see the scar from my crazy times when I got me belly button pierced.

Different lenghts, sizes and shapes from different designers. Collage
courtesy of Fashionista.


And for even more options and ideas see Trendy not Trampy at Refinery29.

*Most images were taken from net-a-porter.com but I edited them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment