Thursday, March 8, 2012

New New + Vintage New

Next Tuesday the Winter quarter at SCAD will be over. My last quarter... That means I'm graduating soon. In June. And I need to finish my thesis. Now. But I've also been thinking about the things I'm going to miss the most about Savannah. Number one on my list? Arc. OK, just after my friends.

The beautiful new store. It is almost five times bigger than the old space.

Arc is the store that made me a vintage clothing obsessed person. It probably is my favorite store in the whole world. And they just opened their new store. It is on West Broughton Street, one of the main streets in Savannah. It is right next to Marc by Marc Jacobs and across the street from Urban Outfitters. I'm sure this will sure increase the clientele. Because it was already the best store in Savannah (I'm super biased, but I swear they didn't pay me).

Behind the window, pretty clothes and props.


A rack of coats. Everything vintage, bought at estate sales.

Kyle, the owner, has been adding new products since he opened the other store about a year ago. He just got Baggu shopper bags and backpacks and new lines of jeans. He is also planning on moving all the vintage clothes upstairs and have new-new brands downstairs. Including Alexander Wang and similar designers.


Beautiful blouses, all for me.


Vintage books in a vintage book case. I'm so happy their dressing
rooms are bigger too.

And since I was going as a reporter and not as a costumer (OK, I browsed a little) I was wearing a very professional blazer. My beautiful Christian Dior lace blazer that I got (surprise!) at Arc a couple of months ago. You may remember it from this post. Pretty much everything else I'm wearing is from the Gap. But I liked how I mixed the blazer with everything else.





I will leave you with a picture of Kyle and his cute dog, who's at the store all the time. Oh, yes, I will really miss this place.


1 comment:

  1. Ahora me hiciste sentir importante de haber visitado la tienda! Y me compré ahí unos lentes!

    ReplyDelete