Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What I Want Today: High Waisted Bikinis

I love retro clothes, and I don't really like the sun. Which means... I've been trying a very vintage/retro approach to going to the beach, think hats and huge sunglasses. But with the swimwear options available, it's not easy. Recently I've seen more one-piece swimsuits in magazines (like this one), but what I'm really liking is high-waisted bikins. I think they're super cute and a great alternative to looking different. And not naked.

My mom is coming to Savannah next week (yay!), so I'll try to find one for her to get me... Or maybe I'll look for one on my trip to NYC (I'm so excited about that, too!). Meanwhile, these are my favorites.

My favorite! Perfection ar Anthropologie.

Mismatched at Urban Outfitters.

 Floral at Urban Outfitters.

Psychedelic at ShopBop.

So now you know, you'll never see me at the beach without a hat, huge sunglasses, a maxi dress and SPF 50 because I'm terrified of skin cancer. But with these vintage inspired two-pieces, I could make an exception. And maybe next time I got to the beach I'll take off my dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment