Friday, May 18, 2012

Good bye, Savannah!

In just a week is my thesis deffense, a week after that is my graduation. And in less than a month I will be back in Mexico. For good. No more Savannah. No more U.S. of A. At least for a while....

I've been living here for over two years now, and I can say it has been a weird/great experience. So I started thinking about the things I'll miss the most about this (creepy, weird, super hot, amazing) place. Here's my list of the best Savannah ahs to offer.

1. Arc. Although it was better when it was all vintage.
2. Foxy Loxy’s iced Americano.
3. My house. Regardless of the Christmas bears in May.

4. Walking everywhere.
5. The bar at The Mansion on Forsyth.
6. Some (just some!) SCAD events.  Like Manolo Blahnik at last year's Fashion Show.

7. The heart of gold salad at The Bean. And their crostini plate. And smoothies.
8. Papillote’s goat cheese pie.


9. My yoga teacher, Kathleen. 
10. Dogs everywhere on Forsyth Park. Although there are no dogs in the picture.

11. Going to Kroger on a Sunday (totally kidding, I f-ing hate that).
12. Vintage shopping/thrifting. Almost impossible to do in Mexico.
13. The photobooth at Social Club.
14. Having something to complain about: the heat, the hipsters, homeless people.

And of course, my friends (and cousin/friend/neighbor). I don't know how I could have survived in this city without them.


  



I'm trying to enjoy my last days here... And really, thank you for everything, Savannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment