Monday, March 19, 2012

I still want to be a Cheerleader

I love music (although I'm not the best at discovering new bands). And, surprise, I also love fashion. So I really love bands and singers who wear cute outfits. I really find them inspiring both creatively and fashion-wise. That's why I wrote about Cults' Madeline Follin last year. And that's why it is St. Vincent's turn.

I just adore this picture.

I mean, clearly I'm no expert in music because her first record came out in 2007 and I'm just falling in love with her, but I can't get enough of her music and her curly hair and outfits. My favorite songs are definitely 'Cheerleader' and 'Cruel'. (You can find all her music here. And see more pics and videos here.)

I like to think that we have things in common like crazy curly hair, super white skin
and a love for lipstick.


I really love, love, love the way she dresses. It's kind of the look I try to go for with vintage-looking dresses, simple shapes and lots of lace. NEVER slutty (I hate slutty). And always letting her clothes be a complement and letting her music take center stage. Also, she reminds me of my friend Maya.

I love her vintage inspired style.

So she is (sigh) just another reason I'm extemely sad I'm not going to Coachella... And worse? She'll be in Mexico City and I won't be able to go... But maybe, just maybe, May 19 in Atlanta? Maybe? If I find anyone to come with me... Anyone?

And like I said, I'm no music expert but I'm so cheering for her (duh!) and she totally beats Lana del Rey in every department.

Here's a video live at the Met in NYC with the lyrics to Cheerleader. Enjoy :D



No comments:

Post a Comment