Monday, December 31, 2012

10 reasons 2012 didn't suck that much

This year has been really hard for me, definitely not my best but still amazing... Here are some of the reasons 2012 didn't suck that much.


  1. This was tough because #2 was almost #1, but I have to say that getting my MFA was the best thing that happened this year. My dad would kill me if it wasn't.
  2. The Pulp concert in Mexico City with some of my most favorite people in the whole world.You know who you are.
  3. To see my name published on a printed magazine was beyond exciting/cool/unreal.
  4. Finally having (semi) real jobs that I love, love, love.
  5. My trip to NYC with my parents. Specially getting to see the Chanel, Prada/Schiaparelli and FIT exhibits.
  6. My new Twitter friends like Gina from High on Fashion and BoticaPop. Twitter's weird. 
  7. Being able to visit ELLE Mexico. It gave me so much perspective on what I want to do with my life.
  8. Living in the same city with my cousin was both fun and weird. My last six months living in Savannah were something else.
  9. Finding a truly amazing vintage store in Mexico City (with my other cousin).
  10. And in general being (again, a semi) adult with responsibilities and not being able to go on vacation. I know it sounds kind of weird but it means something for me.
And to close this weird year, I got an internship at a magazine and I'll be working in the fashion department! So, I'll keep you posted on how a magazine really works and if it is my true calling. Uneven years have always been my favorite and I'm sure this will be one of those. It has to.

No comments:

Post a Comment