Monday, February 20, 2012

More, more, more (printed) collaborations!


My friend Maya and I love to shop at GapKids. They have cute stuff that not eeeeveryone wears and it's always cheaper than adult clothes. Ok, they don't always fit but I sometimes find something that I can wear. She, on the other hand, even wears girls' jeans. Now you can imagine her excitement when I told her about DVFs GapKids. Yes, DVF as in Diane Von Furstenberg.
I'm a sucker for heart prints.


I need to stop buying magazines that make me NEED stuff.

I first learned about this designer collaboration while reading the March issue of InStyle, and not long after I got the e-mail that takes you to this video on Gap's website. Of course, I would love to have a real wrap dress like this one, but that's not on the budget for now... Instead, I'm really, really hoping I can fit in a girls' printed wrap-dress because I would love, love, love to own a DVF classic. That is why I will probably get up early on March 15 to avoid moms getting something for their daughters!


I wish I was this cute.

But before that, on March 8, I will most likely be heading to Atlanta early in the morning to wait for H&M to open and get something from the Marni x H&M capsule collection. I know this is going to be crazy, I just know it. The fashion world may have forgotten about Jason Wu for Target, but I haven't. And I'm scared. Especially after obsessing over the lookbook (see my favorite outfits below) and watching the commercial directed by Sofia Coppola. That is why I'm going with two friends so I can follow my own tips on getting the good stuff (see my Jason Wu for Target post, above).

I'm loving the printed pants. And don't even get me
started on the collar.

I just wish I had a place to go wearing this outfit.

Of course, as always, I can't buy everything I want because I have the income of a 13 year old (maybe even lower). But if money was not a problem, this is what I would get. Maybe more...

The leather t-shirt is just so cool, it would look as good with jeans as it would with a pretty full skirt. I just threw out my favorite silver gladiator sandals, and these would be perfect to replace them. And the dress, oh the maxi dress... So pretty, especially with the sandals.

And I guess I'm super predictable with the silver pumps. But the one-piece swimsuit? I think it's my favorite piece, maybe I could even wear it as a tank top with the necklace. I just love the idea of not wearing a bikini at the beach. And those pretty flowers over one of my collared blouses...

It seems that (even if I buy kids' clothes) I really want to dress like a crazy, rich old lady after all. I'll let you know how my shopping goes!

(See also Doo.Ri for Macy's. Althought Macy's collaborations haven't been so exciting or succesful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment