Thursday, February 23, 2012

DC

Earlier in February I went on a short trip to DC. It was my first time and I must say I was impressed. It's a very beautiful city, especially Georgetown and the area around Chinatown.

I also really enjoyed seeing people dressed up everywhere, even on the weekend. I like to see people who care about what they're wearing and actually going somewhere in those clothes. I liked that they looked they were going to work... Unlike NYC, where most people look like they're just posing and going to lunch/coffee/dinner, etc.

And myself? I don't like the cold. I don't own real cold weather clothes, and I don't intend to. I just tried to follow the tricks of "wearing your spring dresses in winter" and tried to look cute and liek I wasn't freezing. My camera is not working (again) but these are some pictures of what I wore.

With the Washington Monument on the background
and very pink lips.




Seating in the steps at the Lincoln Memorial and pretending
I'm in Greece.


Hirshhorn Museum. Trying to blend in with the painting.

Leaving Ford's Theatre where Lincoln was shot. I'm wearing a hat
because everyone in Lincoln's time wore hats.


Walking somewhere... Pretending I'm not cold while wearing
a very summery dress.


Arlington National Cemetery (one of my favorite things from
the trip) wearing my dress with little horses.


Outside the National Gallery of Art getting some sun.

Seeing this pictures makes me just want to travel and write in my blog. Some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment