Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dress Madness!

When I was little I would only wear dresses, my mom would beg me to wear pants and I wouldn't. Ever. Then puberty hit me and I hated dresses for like 10 years. And then... Madness happened.

Some dresses waiting to be worn.
Something happened when I moved to a place with real weather. When I moved to Savannah, I realized there were more seasons than semi-hot and semi-cold like in Mexico. I realized I COULD NOT wear pants in the Summer. So I started shopping, shopping, shopping.

Sleeves.
Print, solid, suede, lace...
So while I get a job where I can wear all my babies, I'll parade them here. Anything you ask, I probably got it. Polka dots? Got it. Denim? Got it. Vintage, new, unworn... There's a lot in my closet. Here you have some of them.

B&W

Jason Wu for Target, wheel print.

Big flamingos and small flamingos.

Blue lace. White lace. Coral lace.
And I'm dedicating this post to my friend Cecilia, who wants me to do an inventory of all my clothes. I'm too lazy, and too scared for my mental health, to do it. But maybe some day.

*Español
Cuando era chiquita, solamente usaba vestidos, mi mamá me rogaba usar pantalones para que estuviera más comoda pero nunca lo hubiera hecho. Entonces me llegó la pubertad y cambié a pantalones, durante yo creo que 10 años no me puse un vestido. Y de repente, enloquecí.
Todo cambió cuando me mudé a Savannah, donde en realidad hay estaciones, no como en México que hay solamente dos estaciones. Una donde medio hace calor y otra donde medio hace frío. Me di cuenta de que era realmente imposible usar pantalones en el verano, empezando porque no me subían. Fue entonces cuando empecé a comprar, comprar, comprar.
Pero bueno, mientras consigo un empleo donde pueda usar mis vestidos todos los días, se los presumo aquí. Lo que se les ocurra, probablemente lo tengo. De puntos, flores, mezclilla. Nuevo, vintage, sin usar. 
Y bueno, le dedico este post a mi amiga Cecilia que quiere que haga un inventario de toda mi ropa. La verdad es que me da flojera, y miedo descubrir mi grado de locura, para hacerlo. Pero quizá algún día.

No comments:

Post a Comment