Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Queen is Back

Yes, Blair Waldorf is back. And I know she was never gone, but for this season (the last one) of Gossip Girl, the headbands are back. I must confess that the story is far from what i was in the beginning and that it has NOTHING to do with the books (yes, I read them, ALL of them), but it's one of those shows I started watching and I need to follow 'til the end. 
 
Perfection.


What makes it harder for me is f-ing Serena Van Der Woodsen. I can't stand her or Blake Lively. My hate for her goes as back as The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants time. And yes, I watched the two movies.

OK, so this post is turning into a confessional of all the s***y things I watch and read and that's not the point. The point is to talk about Blair Waldorf, her headbands and her amazing style. All the hate I have for Serena/Blake turns into love when Blair enters the screen. Now Blair is head of a fashion empire and Serena some lady who lunches. Perfect. The thing is I really admire Blair's style because she's super classy but yet daring. I wish I could dress like her.

Pretty outfit, headband and boyfriend included.

The most perfect outfit with the most perfect headband and the most perfect Louboutins ever.

But what I can do is wear headbands because after three seasons or so, she's wearing them again. I have to admit I started wearing headbands when the first season of the show aired and I am more than excited to do it again. But this time it's not so much about huge bows but jeweled pieces like the ones shown at Dolce & Gabanna for FW12. Fortunately, I already have my DIY version. Now I just need Dorotha.

The thousand-dollar (literally) sold-out version.

My version, courtesy of a Refinery29 tutorial.

*Español: Después de varias temporadas, Blair de Gossip Girl por fin volvió a usar diademas. Y eso me llena de felicidad. Aunque tengo que admitir que la serie se ha vuelto un poco extraña y pasan cosas en extremo absurdas, es de esas series que tienes que seguir viendo pase lo que pase. Lo mejor es que Blair ha vuelto su estilo de siempre y que no se habla con Serena. Serena es de los personajes que más odio en la tele. Igual que odio a Blake Lively, que es quien la interpreta.
En fin, después de demasiados cambios a los libros (sí, hay libros... y yo los leí TODOS) la serie está por terminar y quien sea que diseña el vestuario lo ha hecho fantástico. Cuando empezó GG me dio por usar diademas con moños gigantes como los de Blair, pero ahora usa unas mucho más adultas. Siento que en gran parte está influenciado por las headbands increíbles de la colección de otoño/invierno 2012 de Dolce & Gabanna. Yo me enamoré y decidí seguir un tutorial y hacer la mía. ¿Cómo me quedó? Ya puedo pretender parecerme un poquito más a Blair.




1 comment: