Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cults! (best of 2011)

My third favorite thing in the world is music, just after fashion and TV. I love to listen to music that makes me feel happy and most important, I love bands with girls who choose pretty outfits to perform. And that is one of the reasons I looooove Cults and I want to see them live again (for the third time).

Photo from the band's official website.

The band was formed last year by Madeline Follin and Brian Oblivion in New York City. They have three other members who play live with them and they make beautiful music, she has a really sweet voice. Also, I love the dress she's wearing in the picture above and everything she wears.

The first time I saw them live was in NYC in August, when I hadn't even heard of them. I was there mainly to see Friendly Fires, but Cults was incredible. And I loved the little coral dress Madeline Follin was wearing, and I fell in love with her singing.


We All Want Someone to Shout For, is a music blog that has an amazing review of that
concert at the Summer Stage and provided me with this pic.

The second time I saw them, now with a longer set, was at the Austin City Limits music festival. By then I was already obsessed and knew all the lyrics by heart. My favorite part was her looking so sweet and pretty while singing "I could never heal myself, never heal myself... So fuck you."

This was taken by my friend Luis at Austin.

I am definitely planning on seeing them live again in March, either in Orlando or Atlanta. And I hope they play sometime in Mexico, I'd like to see how they perform with a better audience ;) . Meanwhile enjoy this crazy video for the song "Go Outside". (And for other well-dressed girls in bands, I recommed RaRaRiot).

Go Outside, by Cults from Boing Boing on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment