Monday, November 14, 2011

Nylon made me happy...

I'm in finals so the little free time I have I use it to relax doing yoga and reading magazines. The November issue of Nylon made me very happy. Sometimes I don't really like Nylon that much because it seems a little costume-y... But this issue is great.

The cover.

Things I loved about the issue.

1. Christian Cota x Aldo

I am Mexican and love fashion. And Christian Cota is the most important Mexican designer at the moment. So I am a fan. He could tell when I met him at the SCAD Fashion Show earlier this year (I had to chase him to get this picture).


Anyway, I was really excited when I heard he was doing a collaboration with Aldo shoes because this means he's getting the recognition he deserves. And I really loved the way the magazine styled the boots he designed. I especially loved the second outfit with the red dress.

Courtesy of Christian Cota's Facebook page.

2. Rachel Bilson and Hart of Dixie

I am actually watching Hart of Dixie while writing this post. The show is kind of cheesy, but funny... And it's a little of a guilty pleasure, but it kind of makes sense when living in Savannah. Being the South and all that. One of the reasons I love it, is watching Rachel Bilson as Zoe Hart, and of course her outfits. I love Rachel Bilson's style and I absolutely love her wearing New York outfits in Alabama. (Both pictures taken from the CW's website).

This may seem like a normal outfit. But not in a
place where women dress like it's still the fifties with full
dresses and pearls for going to turtle races.


I love this dress... Of course I would wear it to a
wedding or something similar. Not to a gumbo cooking competition.


3. Arc

As you may recall, a couple of posts ago I wrote about Arc (here). I love that Savannah is written about next to cities like Sanf Francisco. And especially, seeing Arc in two different national publications makes me really happy.

And the break is over. Back to writing about the importance of fashion... More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment