Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Reduce!

As an outsider living in the US, I see how much people waste things here... Everything from money to time to food. And I know that especially as a fashion person what I'm going to say now may sound harsh and intollerant, but here it goes: seeing obese people in the street makes me really mad. I even wrote a paper on the security dangers of obesity in airplines and why people above certain weight should be required two seats.
And living here but being from Mexico I see how both countries are fighting to be No. 1 in obesity in the world, that is why it worries me so much. But today I found an article in the TIME Magazine website that shows some ways to combat it, or at least make it stop increasing.
I know this is not very fashion oriented but I hate to see what is happening to people and the economic tolls it has on EVERYONE... Here is the link to the article if you're interested: Let's Stop Being Passive About Obesity by Shannon Brownlee.

No comments:

Post a Comment