Monday, October 31, 2011

¡Viva México!

Last week was Project Runway's season 9 finale. And I was kind of disappointed. Although I liked Anya as a person, I don't think she was the best designer on the show. And while I reaaally liked Joshua, my money and, especially my heart, was with Viktor Luna.


Viktor, Anya, Joshua, and Kimberly. I really think Kimberly didn't deserve
to be in the final. Also, I wish I was a judge.


Viktor started kind of weak but each week he improved tons. Many of his designs I would buy, especially his leather jackets. But what is really important for me is that he is Mexican. I am currently writing my M.F.A. Writing Thesis about the fashion world in Mexico and I think he is a great example for young Mexican designers.



Viktor and his model wearing the most perfect white leather
jacket; I would buy this whole outfit.


Viktor was not the winner, but being third place on the show is great for him and for Mexico's image in the fashion world. His final collection was inspired by a trip to Mexico, so it shows that even if he lives in NYC, his heart is in his native country. I really admire him and would love to interview him. And believe me, I'll try!

This blouse I would definitely buy too!

But season 9 is over, and even if I wasn't the biggest fan of the show before, I can't wait for the All Star season... Make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment