Friday, July 13, 2012

Fashion is/as art (part 3).

Me.
It's been a month since I came back from my (most-fashionable-ever) trip to NYC. I've been too busy trying to adapt to what I call my "in-between-life". But I must not abandon my blog... Especially since it's one of the few things keeping me sane.

Top Row: Ralph Lauren; Martin Margiela; Raf Simons for Jil Sander. Middle Row: Christian Dior; Charles James; Francisco Costa for Calvin Klein. Bottom Row: Adrian; Akrin, Oscar de la Renta for Balmain.

So, to continue with my art/fashion series I write today about the Fashion, A-Z: Highlights from the Collection of the Museum at FIT, Part Two exhibition I had the chance to see. Unfortunately, there were no pictures allowed. Which really is a shame because not only the garments were beautiful, but the way they were set up was too. 


I was lucky to find a few images online of two of my favorite pieces (there were too many) to share: 

Both are Valentino, but my favorite is the white dress with mini black flowers and ribbon.
Since I couldn't see the McQueen exhibition last year, this was amazing. Specially because this was my favorite collection of his, Plato's Atlantis.
If you happen to be in NYC before November 10 and like fashion, you should definitely check it out. It's really beautiful. But if you can't, you can always visit the FIT's online museum here, it's pretty cool too... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment