Friday, June 22, 2012

Fashion is/as art (part 2).

One of the last fashion related things I did at SCAD was the Ralph Rucci exhibition at the SCAD Museum of Art on May.

0512-scad-museum-ralph-rucci-signage-fa.jpg
The thing is, I didn't know much about him before this. But I'm happy I do now. The designs exhibited on the museum are beautiful and extremely well done. It's no surprise he's the only American designer that has been invited to show haute couture in Paris.
0512-scad-museum-ralph-rucci-13-fa.jpg
One of my favorites... I love the detail.
0512-scad-museum-ralph-rucci-1-fa.jpg
Almost everything in B&W, lovely...
0512-scad-museum-ralph-rucci-10-fa.jpg
But, of course, some pink.
And I think, as writer and not designer, the best part was the conversation between him, André Leon Talley and Pullitzer Proze winning fashion journalist Rovin Givhan. They spoke about different aspects of fashion, as business and as art... And how he finally decided to take a partner because the businnes side was interfering with the creative side. But my favorite part? The Kim Kardashian bashing. I really, really dislike her and loved that Rucci said he would never dress her because he has integrity. Unlike her.

During the conversation. I stole this pic from my friend Allison.
The fashion talks and exhibitions are something I'm really going to miss about SCAD. But this was great closure.

*Stupidly, I didn't take any pictures so I got all these from this Glamour article.

No comments:

Post a Comment